Troop Leadership, March 1, 2015
The Order of the Arrow and the Heart of Ohio Council’s Portage Lodge is celebrating a very special year. It is the Centennial Celebration of the Order of the Arrow. I want to take this opportunity to share many of the leadership activities, events and awards that surround this extraordinary year. I am attaching a lot of documents that will help you and the Arrowmen in your Troop take part in the celebration. There are a few extra events planned in 2015 because of the anniversary but in no way does the OA ever want to pull youth away from your Troop. In fact, the events, leadership training and awards will only serve to make your Troop stronger through the leadership skills gained through participation. This is a great year to be an Arrowman! Here is what I am including in this e-mail:
1) The Portage Lodge Calendar of Events for 2015 through 2016.
2) The 100th Anniversary Kick-Off Retreat flier.
3) The Arrowman Service Award Letter which explains this award.
4) Both the Youth and Adult requirement Cards for the Arrowman Service Award.
5) The Centennial Service Project flier: The sponsored 100th Anniversary Event for Portage Lodge.
6) ArrowTour flier: A not to be missed National Centennial stop at Camp Wyandot on July 13th.
7) The Unit of Excellence Award introduction letter, checklist and award application form.
8) Why is the OA Good for my Troop informational flier?
9) General Information on the Order of the Arrow.
More information and links to online registration for our events and dues is on our website: www.Portage619.org
A few other notes:
– You should have received your Unit Elections Materials electronically from our Chair Joey W. If you have any questions or concerns contact Joey at (419) 303-4539 UnitElections@Portage619.org
– Alert any of your boys that were called out at summer camp in 2014 that did not go through their ordeal that they have just one more opportunity. The spring Ordeal is April 24 to 26, 2015 at Camp Wyandot. http://www.portage619.org/files/Portage_Lodge_Registration_2015.pdf
Please help to spread this information in your Troop to your Arrowmen, Alumni and families.
Lodge Adviser, Portage 619